Grilled Boneless Leg of Lamb
- 1 3-5 lbs boneless leg of lamb
- 3-5 meyer or regular lemons (halved)
- 6 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz red wine vinegar
- 2 oz honey
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary, oregano and thyme deflower and chopped half, save rest
- 2-3 tbsp kosher salt
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 yellow or sweet onions quartered, whole without skin removed
- While grille is getting hot, pat dry lamb with paper towel or clean dry kitchen towel
- Using large grille steak fork, punch holes throughout the cavity and outside of lamb which would allow all the marinade to be absorbed in the meat to enhance the flavor profile.
- Drizzle olive oil, honey, red wine vinegar throughout the lamb inside and out. Add squeeze lemons and massage the liquids into the flesh.
- Add chopped garlic, herb, salt and pepper and massage in for a few minutes. Marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- Prepare grille with charcoal or wood
- Once coals are white. Add onion halves and a few strands of herbs over the coals. Quickly place oil grated on top.
- Add lamb with flesh side down and turn every 10-12 minutes on each side. While lamb is cooking open top and add additional lemons and herbs to enhance the flavor. The aroma is fantastic! You may have a few extra people from the neighborhood that may arrive to find out what your cooking!
- Continue this procedure 3-5 times until meat reach your desired temperature of medium rare to medium.
- Remove lamb and sit on platter for 15-20 minutes to rest.
- Garnish and serve.
Suggested Sides and Accompaniments
Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes with Onion & Garlic Puree
Blanched Fresh Green Beans with shredded Carrots and Orange oil
Assorted Artisan Rolls from local bakery
Triple Cream Brie served with fig preserved and Spanish Maracona Almonds
Seasonal Vegetable Crudite’ with buttermilk dressing with herbs
Italian Creme Lemon cake with fresh seasonal berries
Old Fashioned Jordan Almonds and chocolates for the kids
Homemade White Sangria, Shiraz and Chablis chilled
Until next time!